Oakland Hills Veterinary Hospital opened in January, 2012. We have created an environment to ensure comfort for our patients, their families and our employees in order to create an ideal environment to care for their dogs, cats and small mammals that you entrust to our care.
The owner of Oakland Hills Veterinary Hospital, Kathryn Christy, DVM, is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, and is a licensed veterinarian in the state of Michigan. Dr. Christy has been a veterinarian for 24 years, and has worked at three small animal practices during that time.
The associate veterinarian, Emily Socks, DVM, is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, and is a licensed veterinarian in the state of Michigan and Georgia.
We hear it all too often, “Should my dog be on a grain-free diet?” More often than not, the answer is no. Unless your dog has been diagnosed with a specific food allergy by your Veterinarian, feeding your dog a grain-free diet could potentially do more harm than good. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration […]
Dear Oakland Hills clients, we hope you are all staying safe during these difficult times. As COVID-19 cases in Michigan are on the rise again, we have made adjustments to our protocol in order to keep our staff, clients, and patients safe.
New COVID-19 Protocol:
– As of Monday, Nov. 16th, Oakland Hills will be offering curbside-only appointments until further notice (*with the exception of pet euthanasia).
– Check-in, discussions with staff, and check-out will all be done over the phone.
– When handing off a pet to our staff, we require that you wear a mask. Masks must cover your nose and mouth.
– Please refrain from scheduling an appointment if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days.
– Payment information (credit or debit card #) will be taken down during your appointment check-in. Your final invoice will be reviewed with you over the phone before any payments are processed. Payment information is not kept on file and will be shredded upon completion of the payment. At this time, we are NOT accepting cash payments.
– Same-day appointments are very limited. For general wellness appointments, please plan ahead and schedule them in advance to ensure we can see your pet in a timely manner.
– We do our best to work-in sick or injured patients. However, if we are unable to accommodate your pet, you will be referred to a nearby emergency animal hospital.
– Please allow up to 24hrs for all food and medication requests to be processed.
– Please allow up to 24hrs for a Doctor to return your non-emergent calls or emails.
– We have a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for harassment, verbal abuse, or rudeness towards our staff. If you cannot speak to our staff with courtesy, we will be happy to send your pet’s records elsewhere and you will be dismissed from our practice.
We have been on the frontlines during this pandemic. We have not had the luxury of downtime. Our staff comes to work early and often work late in order to best accommodate our patients. We greatly appreciate all of our clients who have extended our staff a patient, understanding & kind attitude during these stressful days. Through it all, Oakland Hills remains prepared to provide the highest quality veterinary care to your pets. As always, our office manager, Magda, can be reached by phone for any questions or concerns; (248) 817-2052
Thank you, stay safe, and stay positive! We will get through this. 🐾